As we approach Ramadan 1445, it's crucial for campaign creators to fully understand and leverage the Ramadan Referral Program for scheduled giving. This guide will provide a clear and concise overview of how referrals work & how you can use them to maximize your campaign's impact during this holy month.
The goal of the Referral Program is to encourage and reward the referral of donors who commit to regular daily donations throughout Ramadan, or during the final 10 days of Ramadan.
To note: A new change this year is that boosts will be paid out in the donor's signup currency.
Maximizing Boosts: Encourage early scheduled giving sign-ups for the whole of Ramadan to earn a $100 boost per successful referral until March 10, 2024. From March 11 to March 19, 2024, the boost amount for new referrals is $50.
Last 10 Nights: For donors who sign up to give only in the last 10 nights, the boost amounts are $30 before March 11 and $15 after that until March 19th when referrals come to an end.
Scheduled Giving Continues: Donors can continue to sign-up for scheduled giving after March 19 however referrals will no longer be eligible for boosts.
Rules for Participation:
- Utilizing Teams Links: Leverage the team link and share this with your network, making it easy for them to support and refer your campaign.
- Minimum Donation Changes: We've updated our system to require a $3 equivalent minimum donation in your donor's local currency to qualify for a boost (except Malaysian Ringgit which is 5 MYR), and correspondingly, any earned boosts will be awarded in the same currency.(See Image above for detailed visual explanation)
- Boost Payouts: Boosts are pending until a successful donation is received and then await payout, All boosts will be paid out by Eid day inshAllah
- Referral boosts vary based on the date of donor signup and are subject to unique donor checks to prevent fraud.
- Limitations on the number of referral links per campaign but not on the total number of campaigns a campaign creator can support.
- The following signups are not qualified for a referral boost: Campaign owner, Team member, if donor has signed up for less than the $3 minimum, if donor has signed up for another team link.
Now that you understand how referrals work, how can you maximise them to increase your campaigns impact! 🚀
Communicating the Urgency:
- Deadline Awareness: The boost amount changes on March 11, 2024. Emphasize this deadline in all communications to create a sense of urgency. ⏰
- Highlight the Impact: Explain how early referrals contribute more significantly to the campaign due to the higher boost amounts available before March 11. 💥
- Regular Updates: Keep your audience informed about the remaining time until the boost amount changes to encourage prompt action.📱
- Tailor Your Message: Craft messages that resonate with the ethos of Ramadan. Emphasize how Scheduled Giving can enhance the collective spirit of charity and compassion that Ramadan embodies. 🌙
- Share Stories: Incorporate real stories or testimonials from those who have benefited from your campaign in the past. This can create a personal connection and inspire more referrals. 💖
- Segment Your Audience: Customize your outreach based on different segments of your audience. For example, messages to previous donors might differ from those to new donors. 🎯
Utilizing Multi-Channel Marketing:
- Leverage Social Media: Utilize platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook to share your team links. Tailor your content to each platform to maximize engagement. 📱
- Email Campaigns: Send out regular email updates with clear and clickable team links. Ensure that the emails are mobile-friendly as a significant portion of email opens happen on mobile devices. 📧
- Collaborate with Influencers: Partner with influencers who can authentically promote your campaign to their followers. Their endorsement can lend credibility and extend your reach. ⭐
- Community Engagement: Engage with community groups, online forums, and local organizations. Share your campaign in these communities and explain how their referrals can make a difference. 🤝
Remember, each referral is not just a number; it represents an individual contributing to the shared goal of making a positive impact during the holy month of Ramadan.
Read more about the rest of our Ramadan features on our blog post: 6 Essential Strategies for Maximizing Ramadan Fundraising on LaunchGood